Tuesday 27 April 2010

KATAYOUN DOWLATSHAHI - JANUARY 2008 - "TWILIGHT"



As part of Arc's ongoing commission for emerging artists to exhibit in the Arc Gallery, this blog will be detailing the work of those artists.


KATAYOUN PASBAN DOWLATSHAHI


Katayoun is an Iranian-born British artist working in contemporary photographic art, architectural glass and time based media.

“In November and December 2006 I was an artist in Residence at Santa Fe Art Institute in New Mexico, USA. During this period I developed a body of work in direct response to my immediate environment. The extraordinary light enveloping the city during the first snow storm induced me to photograph the deserted urban landscape around me in the twilight hours.”

These photographs have been printed using pigment inks onto Hahnemule fine art papers as a limited edition of 10 and entitled Twilight.

No comments:

Post a Comment